Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sights and Sounds of Autumn: Part I



While parts of New England have already reached their peak fall foliage for this year, here in Southeastern Pennsylvania we are still in the midst of the Autumn color spectacle, and awaiting the peak. 

The following images were taken over the past couple of weeks mostly at Ridley Creek State Park, near Media, Pennsylvania which is about 12 miles west of Philadelphia. There's probably a lot more color now and I can't wait to have an opportunity to go back out and shoot.


A Praying Mantis taking a walk on one of our Hydrangeas.
S/he was a very cooperative model and looked right at me! 

Hints of Autumn at Ridley Creek State Park.


I'm trying to learn my trees.
According to my "tree identification guide" this is a Shagbark Hickory.

A secluded spot in the woods.




Chestnut Oak

More hints of Autumn.


Catalpa (pretty obvious, right?)

This dog was having a blast chasing the stick his dad was throwing.












Red Maple
(Ok, I'm trying but I really can't tell the difference)!




Stay tuned for more "Sights and Sounds" of Autumn in Southeastern Pennsylvania.


No comments:

Post a Comment