Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Photography Workshop with Robert Holmes!

After a few days of world wind visits with family and friends in California, where I grew up, I have finally arrived in Marin County, California, ready to be a sponge and absorb as much informations as possible from the excellent instructors attending the renowned “Book Passage Travel Writing and Photography Conference.”
This year the conference celebrates its 20th anniversary and has been so successful it has expanded to become the “Book Passage Travel and Food Writing and Photography Conference” and, this year, takes place from August 11th - 14th. 
However, tomorrow, Wednesday, August 10th, I look forward to a “pre-conference” photography workshop with the renowned landscape, travel, food, and wine photographer Robert Holmes. He will be leading us, and giving us pointers, through the spectacular area of Point Reyes National Seashore. 
Although I have worked in the past as a photography assistant to a couple of  excellent photographers Gary John Norman and Rose Thompson, and attended the Book Passage Conference as a photographer, I have never actually taken a ‘field trip’ with Robert Holmes, the co-conference chair, who has actually photographed for National Geographic and, needless to say, I am really looking forward to my day tomorrow!
And on that note, I had better get some rest, because I imagine I have a lot to learn to tomorrow. I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment